Who We Are
We, are the members of the Flamingo Democrats, the Miami-Dade LGBTQ+ Democratic Caucus, a chapter of the state of Florida LGBTQ+ Democratic Caucus. Our organization, united in a common purpose, works to strengthen and further the ideals and principles of the Democratic Party, which recognizes and promotes diversity, good will, and respect for all members of the community.
The Caucus works to elect Democratic leaders who share our values to all levels of government, from the municipal governments to Tallahassee to Capitol Hill and the White House. We also defend and promote equality for the LGBTQ+ community. We meet on the third Thursday of every month at 7:00pm. We are currently meeting virtually, but we hope to meet in person again soon.
- Stimulate active interest in political and governmental affairs.
- Strengthen and to further the ideals and principles of the Democratic Party.
- provide reasonable and ongoing financial support to our Caucus.
- Promote participation among Democrats.
- Support and elect the duly selected nominees of the Democratic Party in national, state, and local campaigns.
- Foster good fellowship among Democrats.
- Encourage voter registration, advocate & promote equality in the LGBTQ+ community and other democratic issues without discrimination on grounds of race, color, creed, sex, age, national original, physical disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
The mission of this organization, is to foster good will between lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender members of the Democratic Party and the community at large. We seek individual freedom in the framework of a just society and political freedom in the framework of meaningful participation by all citizens.