Who We Are
We, are the members of The Miami-Dade Lesbian Gay Transgender and Allies (LGBTA) Democratic Caucus a chapter of the state of Florida LGBTA Caucus, united in a common purpose, to strengthen and further the ideals and principles of the Democratic Party, which recognizes and promotes diversity, good will, and respect for all members of the community.
The Caucus works to elect progressive leaders to all levels of government, from the City Commission to Tallahassee to Capitol Hill and the White House. We also defend and promote equality for the LGBTQ+ community. We meet on the third Thursday of every month at 7:30pm. We are currently meeting virtually, due to the pandemic, but we hope to meet in person again soon.
- Stimulate active interest in political and governmental affairs.
- Strengthen and to further the ideals and principles of the Democratic Party.
- provide reasonable and ongoing financial support to our Caucus.
- Promote participation among Democrats.
- Support and elect the duly selected nominees of the Democratic Party in national, state, and local campaigns.
- Foster good fellowship among Democrats.
- Encourage voter registration, advocate & promote equality in the LGBTQ+ community and other democratic issues without discrimination on grounds of race, color, creed, sex, age, national original, physical disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
The mission of this organization, is to foster good will between lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender members of the Democratic Party and the community at large. We seek individual freedom in the framework of a just society and political freedom in the framework of meaningful participation by all citizens.